It Goes to 11 Amps! Switchcraft Introduces High Amperage Power Plug and Jack
Chicago, IL (February 22, 2013) – Switchcraft® is pleased to announce the newest addition to their already extensive line of power plugs and jacks, the high amperage power plug & jack. The new versions are rated up to 11A current (carry) and come in both sealed and non-sealed versions. They are made in the USA to the same high standard as our entire current product offering.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Up to 11A current rating (carry), up to 24 V DC at 55º C
• -40 º C to 105 º C operating temperature
• Locking/Non-Locking versions available
• Automatic switch over from AC to DC permitted by sleeve shunt spring
• Available in sealed & non-sealed versions
• Sealed versions sealed to IP68, NEMA 250 (6P) (when mated)
• Any sealed data transmission
• Military or industrial GPS location devices
• Medical equipment
• Marine Applications
• General industrial electronic applications
• Power supplies
SWITCHCRAFT®, Inc. is a leading US based manufacturer of connectors, jacks, plugs, switches, molded cable assemblies and patchbays. SWITCHCRAFT® products are used in a variety of applications from broadcast and pro audio to medical, transportation and other industrial applications. Products are sold direct to customers and through networks of stocking distributors.
SWITCHCRAFT®, founded in 1946, is headquartered in Chicago, IL USA and still manufactures product at this location. In 1999, SWITCHCRAFT® acquired Conxall®, located in Villa Park, IL, a leading manufacturer of harsh environment connectors and custom cable assemblies, adding to the already extensive line of SWITCHCRAFT® connector products. In November 2011 Switchcraft® was sold to HEICO Corporation and is now a wholly owned subsidiary in the Electronic Technologies Division.